While establishing an Amazon account might appear easy but there are some important decisions you’ll need to take. Some of these choices could directly affect your bottom line, which is why it is crucial to make these right.
Let’s examine the steps to becoming an Amazon seller, and the choices that you’ll have to make.
A brief introduction to Amazon seller accounts
The first thing to do is set up an account.
You can create your amazon individual seller accounts, or set up an account for a professional vendor.
Amazon Individual Seller Account
It’s completely free to create and sell, however for each product that you sell, you will need to pay an amount of $0.99. It is on top of the referral fees and variable closing charges that make up each Amazon sale.
deneme bonusu veren siteler
It’s a basic plan and you won’t have access to the most important options like:
- Inventory reports
- Amazon’s restricted categories cannot be accessed.
- Amazon advertising
- Create listings in the bulk
- Making new product pages or altering existing ones
- Flexible shipping rates
You may be aware, that you may not be able to access certain options. One of the main benefits of a person is that it’s free.
However, the $0.99 commission could quickly become a significant amount when you’re transporting a large number of units. This also limits the ability to sell low-cost items.
Professional seller account
Professional accounts have the option of recurring monthly fees of $39.99. It is not required payment for an additional $0.99 commission. But, you will still need to be responsible for referral fees as well as variable closing fees on every sale.
A simple calculation will show that if you sell more than 40 items in a month, having an account for professional sellers is more affordable than an account for individuals.
Also, you have access to Amazon advertising options including inventory reports and many more. You’ll also need to have an account with a professional profile to have a chance of winning an Amazon BuyBox.
You can switch between accounts types at any time. This is the reason why many sellers begin using an existing account. It’s a great method to try out the waters and determine if your business and product can be viable.
If sales increase then you can move to an official account. Be aware that the $39.99 per month fee for professional accounts is not refundable.
How do you create an account?
The process of registering yourself as a seller is an easy procedure. Before starting, be sure to have these documents and details in your possession:
- Your name, your business name, and address: Amazon will not reveal your name. The customer will be able to see just your company name when purchasing your product.
- Government-issued ID
- Contact information: Have your email address and telephone number in your inventory. This will serve as the first point of contact between Amazon as well as your customers. Amazon will verify your contact details when you register.
- A shipping address Address from which you ship your goods.
- Bank Account Information The information you provide to your bank account Amazon earnings can be transferred to the account.
- Tax identification information: In the US you can utilize the Social Security number or your company’s Federal Tax ID number. Amazon will verify your tax data. Be aware that you’ll be responsible for paying taxes.
Do you have all the details ready?
To register an account, visit sell.amazon.com and go to Sell Plans. Make sure to click the Sign-up option for the Individual option to continue.
It will take your browser directly to Amazon Seller Central. If you already have an Amazon Seller Central account, you simply have to sign in. If you don’t, you’ll have to register an account. Once you’ve signed in to your account, you’ll be taken onto the sign-up page.
Moving to a professional accounts
You can upgrade your professional account and make it a business account at any time.
- Log in to Amazon
- Scroll down to the bottom and then select Settings
- Click on Account Information, then choose Your Services
- Click on Manage. There is an upgrade option. Choose it to switch your account as a seller to a professionally designed selling program.
If you’d like to move from an individual account to an online seller you must follow the same steps. In this instance, you will see the option to Downgrade instead of an Upgrade option.
Place your item on sale
If your product is advertised on Amazon it is possible to list it directly on the listings.
Select the Sell On Amazon option beneath the Buy Box. You’ll have to input the following details:
- SKU: You may enter the code, or leave it empty. If you do not enter an entry, Amazon will automatically generate an SKU for your inventory.
- Price: This is the price at which you sell your product.
- Quantity: You can change the quantity according to the number of units you need to sell. The default quantity is one.
- Condition: The majority of products come with two choices: Used or brand new.
- Fulfillment method: Choose the fulfillment method you prefer. You can handle fulfillment yourself by using FBM (fulfillment by merchant) and SFP (Seller Fulfilled Prime). Or, you can let Amazon manage fulfillment via Amazon FBA (fulfillment by Amazon).
If you’re looking to make a new listing, go through these instructions:
- Log in to Seller Central.
- Click on the main menu, and select Inventory. After that, click Add an item.
- Select I’m adding an item that isn’t sold on Amazon.
- Choose the category of the product and sub-categories.
- Please fill in the relevant details about the product – the necessary information is based on the product’s category.
- Add the title of the product and description, as well as the key feature, images, as well as backend keywords.