Top Tips for Juice Fasting Before, During, and After
Here are some of my top suggestions for things to do before, during, and after a juice fast. These pointers should help your juice fast go as smoothly (and painlessly!) as possible.
A few days before D Day, or is it J Day?
One excellent advantage of a Juice Fast is that you don’t have to think about what to eat for breakfast, lunch, or supper!
If you prefer to be organized, you may plan out your juices for the week and what you’ll put in them. It’s a good idea to plan out the sorts of juices and green smoothies you’ll be preparing throughout the fast and shop appropriately. This also cuts down on waste and saves money.
Stock up on herbal teas as well. You may drink as many herbal teas as you like during the day, and it’s a perfect reason to go out and get some more exotic blends, particularly any herbs that are healthy and assist in detoxifying.
Another fantastic option for the day is lemon in hot water with ginger. Blend a 2–4cm piece of ginger with 4T filtered water to make a delicious ginger juice to accompany your hot lemon drink. Extremely alkalizing and detoxifying.
The good news is that you can juice or prepare green smoothies whenever you want during the day or whenever you become hungry.
Here is an example of my grocery list (I will include some fruits, but I want to keep the sugar level as low as possible throughout the fast):
During the Juice Fast: During a juice fast, most people feel some form of detox response. I recall mine clearly! I had a detox brain and couldn’t even pull together a sentence on a text message.
Others go about their daily lives without incident, going to work, going to the gym, running marathons, you name it. During the fast, it is critical to check in with your body on a daily basis. If you are fatigued that day, take it easy and try to get in some sleep time if feasible. If you’re leaping out of bed, go ahead and conduct your typical morning routine, including exercise.
What additional detox responses should I be prepared for?
Among the more prevalent ones include fatigue, moodiness, rage, weakness, lightheadedness, sleeplessness, skin outbreaks, and irritability. If you have a recurring health problem (such as eczema, acne, or sinus problems), it may grow worse before it gets better. It is critical to be patient and breathe during these times, as well as to contact a friend or talk to someone who is going through the same thing. You may notice that a lot of emotional as well as physical issues arise. Take deep breaths and remember that these times will pass and that at the conclusion of the five days, you will be feeling fantastic. Daily journaling is also beneficial.
What causes this to happen?
By fasting on juice, you are signaling to your body that you are ready to repair and cleanse. It begins to clean house, but if you have a lot of pollutants, your body will dump more toxins than it can get rid of. Making you feel disgusting. Your bowels may determine that you should spend the most of your time on the toilet, or the exact reverse! It is critical to eliminate those poisons through a variety of approaches, of which I will list my top six here:
- Colonics: Excellent for eliminating clogged waste matter and pollutants from the colon, as well as toning the intestine and producing an interior clean environment for healthy bacteria to proliferate and colonize. Good bacteria cannot colonize a poisonous environment, which is a vital point to remember if you want your pricey probiotics to function.
- Infrared Sauna: My favorite sauna, is considered superior to a Swedish sauna since infrared technology penetrates deeper into skin layers and targets organs to cleanse from the inside out. Furthermore, there is no blasting steam to contend with, just a beautiful dry heat that is significantly more comfortable and bearable.
- Massage: A terrific approach to removing toxins from the body that also feels amazing! It will also help you sleep better.
- Exercise: As previously said, do it at a rate that corresponds to your body’s energy levels throughout the juice fast. Gentle walks or yoga are excellent for low-energy days. If you feel up to it, go for a run or go to the gym; building up a sweat is also a terrific method to move toxins out of the body.
- Sun: The sun provides us with energy as well as vitamin D, which enhances our immune system and helps prevent cancer. Direct sunshine causes our bodies to manufacture 200 anti-microbials, which fight off harmful bacteria, fungi, parasites, and viruses. Try to receive at least 15 – 30 minutes of sunshine every day (outside of high UV times if you are concerned about sunburn), as the best method to absorb vitamin D is via your skin without sunscreen. Roll up your sleeves or show a little leg!
- Dry Skin Brush: A dry skin brush is necessary for daily mini detox and feels great! It also softens and smoothes your skin and aids in the removal of cellulite. Do this for a few minutes before getting in the shower in the morning. Begin by brushing in sweeping sweeps from the tips of your toes up to the center of your body, heading towards your heart. Then, beginning at the tips of your fingers, make lengthy strokes down your body towards your heart. Make careful to massage your neck and back as well. Your entire body should be tingling.